A fantastic opportunity to join an International Bank based in the City of London as an Accounts Payable Assistant within their Finance Department.
- Primary focus on accounts payables, receivables.
- Processing all relevant invoices, reconciling supplier statements and employee expenses claims
- Assisting the Senior Financial Controller / Senior Accountant with
- Oversight of Nostro reconciliations
- Timely completion of supplier statement reconciliations;
- Monthly fixed asset reconciliations
- Monthly AP / AR Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Processing of revenue/cost related accruals
- Maintaining the prepayments schedules
- Filing and archiving of all Finance related documents is carried out systematically and in a logical manner and maintain such system.
- Completion of the daily SAGE backups
- Educated to degree level or higher in Finance or Accounting
- Part qualified in accounting/finance discipline (working towards full accounting qualification)
- Experience within accounting, banking or auditing fields, preferably in the financial services sector
- Highly competent in managing high volume of invoices and expense claims in a manual environment.
- Good knowledge of reconciliation principles and basic accounting knowledge for accruals and prepayments processes
- Good Knowledge of SAGE and exposure to VAT principles
- Excellent IT skills including MMS office and Excel